And it’s all good news! The Petwood was recently voted the Best Hotel in the East of England by Best Loved Hotels. Voters in this influential competition particularly praised:
- The history of the house, not least of all its connection to aviation history
- Walking in the gardens and exploring the Lincolnshire Wolds
- Excellent cuisine made from local ingredients
- The original Edwardian features bring a bygone age back to life
- Golfers love being adjacent to Woodhall Spa Golf
One happy voter commented:
“What a beautiful, atmospheric place. The room was huge, clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Food and drink excellent. Can’t wait to return.”
Lincolnshire Life magazine awarded the hotel a Gold Citation in the Wedding Venue of the Year category in its Taste of Excellence Awards competition, following five months of voting by members of the public. This year over 12,000 nominations were received, in recognition of almost 1,200 businesses.
Public voting was also crucial in ensuring that the Petwood’s Managing Director Emma Brealey was a finalist in the Family Business of the Year competition, Director of the Year category.